— VIDEO: Kobe 9 Performance Review —
From Jay Dot of Facebook Fame
Here is my opinion and first impressions of the Kobe IX Elite after hooping in them in a 40 minute league game.
- I went with the same size as I did in the Kobe 4-8. These are a tad wider and longer than the 8 so not as snug. If you like your hoop shoes to be snug, might want to try a half size down but for me going tts worked.
- Traction is money. Soft pliable rubber, multi directional…got the job done. The court I played on had minor dust but still good condition.
- Flyknit upper didn’t cause any discomfort when flexing and foot was contained while changing directions and making cuts. My only concern would be over time, material might expand and thus resulting in a looser fit(possible reason to size down). Time will tell.
- Lunarlon insert very similar to the 8 but denser especially in the heel. Insert is wider than the 8. They aren’t as “mushy” so they provide a more cushioned ride while still being low to the ground providing excellent court feel. The textured bumps helped secure the foot from sliding(an issue some ppl had with the 8 insert especially with the kobe socks). I actually found them a bit awkward. I prefer the subtle pattern on the 8 insert. Not a big issue at all though.
- The high cut felt like wearing an ankle compression sleeve. Does not hinder range of motion like an ankle brace so you aren’t restricted. Lacing up to the second to last eyelet was enough for a contained fit. Over time, foot was still locked in, didn’t have to tighten and re-lace during a game.
Overall, I’m pleased with how they perform. It’s a solid sneaker that will be in my game day rotation which currently includes the Kobe 8 and Jordan XX8 SE.