Air Jordan 12
The Air Jordan 12 is the first Air Jordan to feature the Zoom Air Technology, which grants a player lightweight cushioning and quick movement. The sneaker was released in 1996 and is one of Jordan’s greatest sneakers in the Jordan collection. The shoe also features the use of lizard skin and is inspired by the Japanese rising sun. This shoe may not be the lightest shoe compared to Jordan’s previous models, but they are very durable, with the material that was used for the shoe’s creation.
- First Look
- Release Information
In the 1996-1997 season, Michael Jordan and the Bulls were looking to defend their NBA Title and repeat as champions. It was obvious that they were the team to beat and with Michael Jordan still on the roster, the Bulls were still heavy favorites to bring the title once more in Chicago.
During this season the Bulls finished the season 69-13 almost racking up 70 wins, which would’ve made them the first team to ever have back-to-back 70 win seasons. The Bulls were on fire and looked more and more like they were going to repeat as champions. They had the best record in the whole league and were going in to the playoffs as the number one seed.
In the first round of the Eastern Conference, the Bulls faced the Washington Bullets. To no ones surprise, the Bulls took the series 3 games to 0. In the semifinals, the Bulls took on the Atlanta Hawks who managed to win one game against the Bulls but they were no match for Chicago. The series ended 4 games to 1. In the Eastern Conference Finals, the Bulls went up against a pretty good Miami Heat team. The results were similar to their previous serious and the Bulls took the series 4 games to 1 game.
In the NBA Finals, the Bulls faced a very good Utah Jazz led by Karl Malone and John Stockton. Every game was relatively close and the Jazz gave the Bulls a run for their money, however the Bulls were able to put the Jazz away in Game 6. Of course, Jordan was named Finals MVP once again.
- Air Jordan 12 – “White/Black/Taxi”
- Air Jordan 12 – “White/Varsity Red/Black”
- Air Jordan 12 – “Obsidian/White/French Blue”
- Air Jordan 12 – “Black/Varsity Red”
- Air Jordan 12 – “Black/Varsity Red/White-Metallic Silver”
- Air Jordan 12 – “Black/White-University Blue”
- Air Jordan 12 – “White/Flint Grey-Metallic Silver”
- Air Jordan 12 – “White/French Blue-Metallic Silver-Varsity Red”
- Air Jordan 12 – “White/University Blue-Metallic Silver”
- Air Jordan 12 – “White/Varsity Red-Black”
- Air Jordan 12 – “Grey/Team Orange-White”
- Air Jordan 12 – “White/Black-Taxi” (Low)
- Air Jordan 12 – “Obsidian/University Blue- White” (Low)
- Air Jordan 12 – “White/Real Pink-Metallic Silver” (Low)
- Air Jordan 12 – “White/Black/Taxi-CDP”
- Air Jordan 12 – “Black/Gamma Blue”
- Air Jordan 12 – “Black/Gold”
- Air Jordan 12 – “White/Gold”