Wiz Khalifa began the Taylor Gang because of his love for the Chuck Taylors. Imagine how many pairs Wiz has on deck. The Converse Recycle Program could use some help from the rap star but you don’t have to be a superstar to help out.
With each pair of Converse you donate, the Converse Recycle Progam will use old pairs as building materials for new playgrounds. Do some good by donating and you’ll be rewarded with $10 off your next pair from Shiekh Shoes. That old pair that’s beginning to tear deserves better and so do you. If catching a bit of social media fame is your flavor, that may happen too. Shiekh is all about promoting and giving appreciation to those who help out.
From Shiekh Shoes:
Customers will receive $10 off a new pair of Converse for each old pair they bring in to be recycled at one of the 10 locations listed below.
Everyone who donates will be asked to fill out a card with their name and social media handles (Instagram and/or Twitter), which will be zip tied to the pair of shoes and placed in the designated donation container.
All donated Converse will be shipped to Shiehk’s corporate offices and used for new playground production. Selected pairs of shoes will be chosen to be photographed, and placed on Shiehk’s social media, giving a special shout out to the old owner that donated their used Converse.
All shoes donated will be used as material for new playgrounds (the rubber mats or pellets under jungle gyms). All sizes will be accepted (adult and children).
- Compton Plaza – 1900 N Long Beach Blvd. #102-3, Compton
- Westfield Culver City – 6000 Sepulveda Blvd. #1701, Culver City
- Lakewood Center – 500 Lakewood Center Mall #021, Lakewood
- Hollywood – 65 42 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles
- South Bay Pavillon – 20700 Avalon Blvd. Set 399, Carson
- Pico Blvd. – 5025 W. Pico Blvd., Los Angeles
- DTLA – 745 S. Broadway, Los Angeles
- Glendale Galleria – 2148 Glendale Galleria #0HU11, Glendale
- Horton Plaza – 324 Horton Plaza #217, San Diego